Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Tips and Tricks to Blogging

My first blog-oversary is in September, so I figured I'd post today about some tips and tricks to blogging for all the newbie bloggers out there.

1. Be patient!
This is essential for having a good blog, and I've learned this lesson the hard way. I was so eager to have followers that I was *gulp* going crazy. I was too impatient- give it time!

2. Persist!
If your first attempt doesn't work, try again. About a year or so ago, I made my first attempt at making a blog. I couldn't even win over one follower, so I gave up- big mistake! Eventually, I made this blog, and it's going so much better. When  If you don't succeed, try try again! It might take a few tries, but it is SO worth it in the end!

3. Promote your blog.
This is essential for people who want blog followers. You need to let people know you're out there. If you don't promote yourself, then you're essentially getting yourself lost in a huge sea of bloggers. Promote yourself on facebook, twitter, and whatever other social networking sites you use. Trust me, it takes time, but you will inevitably see results- I did!


4. Participate in blog hops and blog fests!
Like my tip #3, participating in these lets others know that you have a blog. The more of these that you participate in, the more followers you'll gain. You'll also have a lot of fun in the process! If you're looking for a good place to start, Alison can Read has a great weekly hop entitled "Feature and Follow Friday" that goes up every Thursday night around 9:00. She gives participants a fun weekly question to answer about blogging/books.

5. Be consistent.
Post as often as possible. A blogger that posts a few times a week is bound to get more followers than a blogger who only posts once a month.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)