Sunday, April 28, 2013

Y is for....WHY??

A to Z Challenge [2013]
I know this is basically cheating, but I'm using this because I can't think of any good words that start with Y. So, why is for why?

I've learned that it's never productive to ask, "Why me?" in a bad situation. I am a 35 week preemie. I was born on May 5th. I was supposed to be born on June 5th. Even today, I ask myself 'Why?'. Unfortunately, this is a question to which I will never know the answer to. I often wonder what would have happened if iI'd been born when I was supposed to. I'd probably not have spent 3 weeks in the hospital. But it's not productive to ask why (or to start a sentence with but!).

I have also asked this question: "Why did i have to have cancer?". Again, it's not productive to ask this question because I'll never know the answer. The lesson to learn from this is rather than ask 'why?', suck it up and deal with it!

oh, and one more thing..." Why does it HAVE to be Monday tomorrow?".

5 comments:

  1. Your right sometimes understanding why isn't as important as moving on with life. I was born early myself. I was tiny, but now I'm 6'4 220, lol go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think some things happen to people so they can inspire others.

    You're right, though, asking 'why' never solves anything. Maybe, one day, we'll find out? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some questions don't have answers, but that doesn't mean we stop wondering. Early birthday wishes to you. May is an awesome birthday month, especially when you live in the northeast US and spring is arriving. (Mine's 5/3.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is a great place to start with a story, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just don't ask is sometimes okay. And I love Mondays...doing the laundry, the vaccuming, the ...writing? No time for that writing though! :-) Nancy at Welcome to she said, he said


    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! :)